January 1, 2012
- Beginning January 1, 2012, vehicles powered by an alternative fuel (electricity, solar power, and another other source of energy used to power a motor vehicle that is not addressed in the motor fuel laws) will be assessed a fee of $75.00. This alternative fuel fee will be assessed at the time the vehicle is first registered and agein each time the registration is renewed.
August 27, 2011
- Changes to the Handicap Parking Permit Program as a result of passage of LB 163 Memorandum.
The Handicapped Parking Permit page on this website has also been updated to reflect these changes Handicapped Parking Permits - UPDATED PAGE
February 23, 2011
January 1, 2011
- An owner of a vehicle may provide for the transfer of ownership (TOD) of the vehicle upon his/her death (or death of the last owner if more than one owner) by designating a beneficiary(ies) on the Application for Certificate of title.
- All minitrucks may be titled. A minitruck must be title if the owner is planning to register the vehicle for operation on the public roads. - NEW PAGE!
November 1, 2010
- Prior to November 1, 2010, the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and your local county treasurer used an over-the-counter title issuing process that included the delivery of a certificate of title to an existing lienholder.
- Effective November 1, 2010, Nebraskas Electronic Lien and Title system provides for the electronic storage of title data in all cases where a lienholder exists. Upon the issuance of a certificate of title with a lien notation the owner of the vehicle will now receive a receipt and the certificate of title data will be stored electronically in the DMV database. NEW PAGE!
September 16, 2009
July 14, 2008
(Effective July 18, 2008)
- Every owner of a Mobile/Manufactured Home is required to obtain a Nebraska Certificate of Title prior to affixing the home to real estate. If a mobile/manufactured home has been affixed to real estate and a Nebraska Certificate of Title was not issued before it was affixed, the owner must apply for and be issued a Certificate of Title at any time for the sole purpose of surrendering the title for cancellation. - UPDATED PAGE!
(Effective July 1, 2008)
- Liens: The owner of a motorboat or vehicle may present a valid out-of-state Certificate of Title, issued in the same name(s) with a notation of lien for transfer to a Nebraska Certificate of Title with the same lien noted without the presentation of the lien instrument (security agreement). The $7.00 lien notation fee is still applicable. - UPDATED PAGE!
(Effective March 20, 2008)
June 29, 2006
(Effective July 14, 2006)
Car Clubs NEW PAGES! :
June 1, 2006
Mobile/Manufactured Homes Includes:
- Mobile/Manufactured Home Affixed to Real Estate - Cancellation of Certificate of Title.
- Mobile/Manufactured Home Being Detached From Real Estate - Issuance of a Certificate of Title